We are faced with a breakdown of 'We' - in our fragmented communities, in our polarized media, and in our vindictive public discourse. More and more there is a feeling of separation and discord, of blame and making wrong.
Unconditional Communication is a new way of thinking about communication that causes 'We' to happen, and is characterized by:
- Genuine authenticity & vulnerability
- A willingness to name and deal with reality
- A willing invitation to co-create shared outcomes
and, most of all, ¿
- The idea that our communication can be an act of service to others - rather the means to get something from others.
Unconditional Communication is thought-provoking, funny and surprising, and, above all, grounded in practical solutions for creating a better world. Together.
- This is not the book you were looking for (probably)
- And this is probably not the world you had in mind
- We are exactly what we have been waiting for
- What is a leader?
- Our Unconditional Communication is what the world needs
PART ONE: WHATEVER THE WORLD IS LIKE, IT IS CERTAINLY INSIDE OUT AND CO-CREATED
The focus of this book in creating a world we want to live in:
1. Bigger Futures
2. Better Relationships
PART TWO: THE UPWARD SPIRAL
The three foundations of Unconditional Communication:
1. Presence - Incredibly fun, but rare
2. Connection - Communication as an act of service
3. Created Outcomes - Speak like your words matter
ENTR'ACTE: LOVE & FEAR
Little Victories or Bigger Callings?
PART THREE: YOUR JOURNEY MATTERS TO EVERYONE
. Your role in the upward spiral
PART FOUR: SHAPING OUR WORLD
. Really, Town Halls are not such a great idea
NOT THE END
. Where's next for us?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR