Organic Structures from Spectra, Fourth Edition
consists of a carefully selected set of over 300 structural problems involving the use of all the major spectroscopic techniques. The problems are graded to develop and consolidate the student’s understanding of Organic Spectroscopy, with the accompanying text outlining the basic theoretical aspects of major spectroscopic techniques at a level sufficient to tackle the problems.
Specific changes for the new edition will include
- A significantly expanded section on 2D NMR spectroscopy focusing on COSY, NOESY and CH-Correlation
- Incorporating new material into some tables to provide extra characteristic data for various classes of compounds
- Additional basic information on how to solve spectroscopic problems
- Providing new problems within the area of 10 2D NMR spectroscopy
- More problems at the ‘simpler’ end of the range
As with previous editions, this book combines basic theory, practical advice and sensible approaches to solving spectra problems. It will therefore continue to prove invaluable to students studying organic spectroscopy across a range of disciplines.