1. Fully aligned to the NEBOSH International Certificate in Health and Safety (IGC) 2019 syllabus
2. An authoritative and helpful study guide for the c.30,000 students a year worldwide pursuing the IGC qualification
3. Written by renowned health and safety expert and former NEBOSH Vice Chairman Dr Ed Ferrett
4. Accessible text design, clearly mapping out key learning outcomes and revision points for easy learning and memorization
5. Companion guide to the 4th edition of the renowned International Health and Safety at Work textbook
Copyright in bibliographic data and cover images is held by Nielsen Book Services Limited or by the publishers or by their respective licensors: all rights reserved.
Ed Ferrett was a member of the NEBOSH Board from 1995 until 2010 and Vice Chair from 1999 to 2008. He has delivered many health and safety courses and has been a lecturer in NEBOSH courses for various course providers. He has been an External Examiner for an MSc course and BSc course in health and safety at two UK universities, a Reporting Inspector for Independent Further and Higher Education with the British Accreditation Council and a NEBOSH Ambassador. Ed was a Chartered Engineer and a Chartered Member of IOSH.
Preface; List of Principal Abbreviations for International Guide; Unit IG1 Management of International Health and Safety; 1.1 The moral financial and legal reasons for health and safety management; 1.2 Health and safety management systems and policy; 1.3 Health and safety management of people and processes; 1.4 Health and safety management of risk and controls; 1.5 Health and safety monitoring and measuring; Unit IG2 Risk Assessment; 2.1 Physical and psychological health; 2.2 Muscoskeletal health; 2.3 Chemical and biological agents; 2.4 General workplace issues; 2.5 Work equipment; 2.6 Fire; 2.7 Elecricity; Useful Additional Construction Topics; Specimen Answers to NEBOSH Examination Questions
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)