Perfect for planning and enjoying a stress-free family holiday, this easy-to-use guide book is packed with insider tips and information on the best family-friendly activities and attractions.
Take a tour of the White House, admire the monuments and memorials of the National Mall or visit the National Air and Space Museum. From recommendations of child-friendly restaurants to suggestions for rainy-day activities, this guide book takes the work out of planning a family trip to Washington, DC.
Inside Family Guide Washington, DC:
- Each major listing includes details of the closest toilets, the nearest places to grab a snack or meal, what do if it rains, and where kids can play and let off steam
- Contains cartoons, quizzes and games to keep young travellers happy all day long
- Detailed coloured maps of all the major attractions and areas help you navigate with ease
- Colour-coded area guides make it easy to find information
- At-a-glance pages highlight all the best sights and activities in each area so you can plan your day quickly
- Features expert suggestions for the best places for families to stay, eat and shop
- Gives essential travel information, including transport, visa and health information
- Covers National Air and Space Museum, National Gallery of Art, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, Thomas Jefferson Memorial, United States Capitol, the White House, Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery, Georgetown, George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate, Jamestown, Busch GardensTM and more
Looking for a comprehensive guide to Washington? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Washington, DC. On a shorter trip and want to see the highlights? Try our Top 10 Washington, DC travel guide.
Experience the world with DK Eyewitness.
DK Eyewitness' highly visual guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your trip.
Our travel writers report on what to see, eat, drink and do around the world, while the very best photographs and illustrations bring cities, regions and countries to life. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations around the world, from handy pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides.
DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.