A balanced and holistic approach to business analytics
teaches the fundamental concepts of modern business analytics and provides vital tools in understanding how data analysis works in today's organisations. Author James Evans takes a fair and comprehensive, approach, examining business analytics from both descriptive and predictive perspectives. Students learn how to apply basic principles, communicate with analytics professionals, and effectively use and interpret analytic models to make better business decisions. And included access to commercial grade analytics software gives students real-world experience and career-focused value. As such, the 3rd Edition has gone through an extensive revision and now relies solely on Excel, enhancing students' skills in the program and basic understanding of fundamental concepts.
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.
- 1. Introduction to Business Analytics
- 2. Database Analytics
- 3. Data Visualization
- 4. Descriptive Statistics
- 5. Probability Distributions and Data Modeling
- 6. Sampling and Estimation
- 7. Statistical Inference
- 8. Trendlines and Regression Analysis
- 9. Forecasting Techniques
- 10. Introduction to Data Mining
- 11. Spreadsheet Modeling and Analysis
- 12. Monte Carlo Simulation and Risk Analysis
- 13. Linear Optimization
- 14. Integer and Nonlinear Optimization
- 15. Optimization Analytics
- 16. Decision Analysis
Download the detailed table of contents
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)