The Detroit Tigers Old English "D” is one of the most recognized symbols in sports. A team rich with legends and history, the Tigers have endured in the hearts of fans and continue to up the ante of competition against rivals like the Cleveland Indians and Chicago White Sox. The Tigers have been a constant presence in the MLB playoffs for the last four years. Three of those years resulted in ALCS appearances, and in 2012 the Tigers captured the ALCS title that sent them to another exciting World Series.
Now fans of this indomitable franchise can relive the passion and excitement that has come to define the Tigers in this newly updated edition of Tales from the Detroit Tigers Dugout. Veteran sportswriter Jack Ebling brings to life a vision of what drives the Detroit Tigers franchise. Ebling highlights baseball stars, managers, and games that have come to define the Tigers over the years. Readers will experience the excitement of four World Championships, five other World Series appearances, and so much more.
Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports-books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team.
Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
Jack Ebling has been covering Michigan sports professionally for over thirty years. He was named Michigan Sportswriter of the Year three times, and in 2006 he was inducted into the Greater Lansing Area Sports Hall of Fame.
Richard Kincaide was born in Detroit and raised at Olympia Stadium. He served as a radio announcer for several years in the Michigan area. In 1988, Kincaide was named "Reporter of the Year" by the Associated Press and served as president of the Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association. Kincaide is the author of Legends of the Detroit Red Wings. He lives in Farmington, Michigan.
- Front Cover
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter One The Plan and The Man
- Chapter Two The Unquestioned Leader
- Chapter Three The Baddest Cats
- Chapter Four The Greatest Tiger of All
- Chapter Five The Legendary G-Men
- Chapter Six The Face of a Proud Franchise
- Chapter Seven The Barrier Busters
- Chapter Eight The Racial Healers
- Chapter Nine The Colorful Characters
- Chapter Ten The Wire-to-Wire Winners
- Chapter Eleven The Other Roars
- Chapter Twelve The Men In Charge
- Chapter Thirteen The Bats
- Chapter Fourteen The Arms
- Chapter Fifteen The Gloves
- Chapter Sixteen The Sights and Sounds
- Chapter Seventeen The Walkoff Wonders
- Chapter Eighteen The Yankee Killers
- Chapter Nineteen The Plays, Not The A's
- Chapter Twenty The Tigers-Cards, Part III
- Chapter Twenty-One The Central Castoffs
- Chapter Twenty-Two The Yanks? No, Thanks
- Chapter Twenty-Three The Texas Two-Stop
- Chapter Twenty-Four Big Spending, Not Much Contending
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)
Adobe-DRM (Digital Rights Management)Systemvoraussetzungen:
Computer (Windows; MacOS X; Linux): Installieren Sie bereits vor dem Download die kostenlose Software Adobe Digital Editions (siehe E-Book Hilfe).
Tablet/Smartphone (Android; iOS): Installieren Sie bereits vor dem Download die kostenlose App Adobe Digital Editions (siehe E-Book Hilfe).
E-Book-Reader: Bookeen, Kobo, Pocketbook, Sony, Tolino u.v.a.m. (nicht Kindle)
Das Dateiformat EPUB ist sehr gut für Romane und Sachbücher geeignet - also für "fließenden" Text ohne komplexes Layout. Bei E-Readern oder Smartphones passt sich der Zeilen- und Seitenumbruch automatisch den kleinen Displays an. Mit Adobe-DRM wird hier ein "harter" Kopierschutz verwendet. Wenn die notwendigen Voraussetzungen nicht vorliegen, können Sie das E-Book leider nicht öffnen. Daher müssen Sie bereits vor dem Download Ihre Lese-Hardware vorbereiten.