We live in an increasingly technological and information-rich world. Education is focusing
more on enquiry and skills-based approaches. Students, even at the early levels of
schooling, are expected to develop a range of skills, including problem solving skills.
Creative thinking, using information appropriately and problem solving are important for students in the school curriculum and in daily life. This book will help students learn how to apply mathematical skills in different contexts and explain how they got to their solutions.
This book is easy for parents and teachers to use, and teaches multiple strategies for
solving problems, using challenging but supportive contexts. The approach is underpinned
by the Five E's approach to learning.
The course will help student to:
· Engage with problems meaningfully
· Explore different options for approaching and solving problems
· Explain their thought processes
· Elaborate on their working and processes and see connections between different areas
· Evaluate what worked and what didn't, learning from mistakes as well as successes
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)