This volume details the evolution of Japan's foreign policy and its initiatives with respect to Central Asia. This volume provides insights into the security, political, and economic aspects of cooperation between CA states and Japan and the features that characterize these relations.
Timur Dadabaev is Professor at University of Tsukuba, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Japan.
List of illustrations
1. Between Idealism and Pragmatism
2. Japan's ODA Assistance Scheme and Central Asian Engagement: Determinants, Trends and Expectations
3. One Village - One Product: The Case of JICA's Community Empowerment Project in Kyrgyzstan
4. Water-resource Dispute Management in Central Asia: Japanese Attempt of Water Resource Efficiency Promotion
5. China as Japan's 'other' in Central Asia
6. Chinese and Japanese Foreign Policies towards Central Asia from a Comparative Perspective