Printed book plus Pageburst? access. You will receive a printed book and access to the complete book content electronically. Pageburst? enhances learning not only by bringing world class content to your fingertips but also by letting you add to it, annotate it, and categorize it in a way that suits you. Pageburst? frees you to spend more time learning and less time searching.
The Evidence-based Practice Manual successfully breaks down the skills for evidence-based nursing into manageable components. The reader will learn how to find, critically read and interpret a range of research studies, and will discover optimal approaches to helping patients reach decisions that are informed by the best-available evidence. The more-strategic concepts of developing an organisational evidence-based culture and making evidence-based changes at organisational level are the focus of the final section.
- Step-by-step guide to finding, appraising and applying research evidence in nursing
- Teaches skills for successfully reviewing published literature:
- formulating a focused question
- developing a search strategy for efficient retrieval of relevant studies
- appraising the retrieved studies
- All examples are relevant to nurses and nursing
- Reflects contemporary nursing issues
- A new chapter on 'Using research evidence in making clinical decisions with the individual patient' provides practical guidance and tools for decision-making
- A new chapter on 'Using evidence from qualitative studies' explains the complexities of qualitative methodologies and methods in a simple, easily understood way
Online exercises and solutions
- Help the reader test out and consolidate newly acquired skills and knowledge
- Provide an opportunity to critically appraise studies with the following range of designs:
- a randomised controlled trial
- a diagnostic test accuracy study
- Example solutions are provided, all written by experts in the field.