Petroleum Economics and Risk Analysis: A Practical Guide to E&P Investment Decision-Making, Volume 69,
is a practical guide to the economic evaluation, risk evaluation and decision analysis of oil and gas projects through all stages of the asset lifecycle, from exploration to late life opportunities. This book will help readers understand and make decisions with regard to petroleum investment, portfolio analysis, discounting, profitability indicators, decision tree analysis, reserves accounting, exploration and production (E&P) project evaluation, and E&P asset evaluation.
- Includes case studies and full color illustrations for practical application
- Arranged to reflect lifecycle structure, from exploration through to decommissioning
- Demonstrates industry-standard decision-making techniques as applied to petroleum investments in the oil and gas industry
Mark Cook has been in the oil and gas industry since 1981. He spent eleven years with Shell International working as a reservoir engineer in a variety of locations world-wide and has worked on exploration prospect evaluation, field development planning and production operations. After completing an MBA, he left Shell to co-found TRACS International, providing training and consultancy services to the industry, and worked as petroleum engineer and company Director.
When TRACS was acquired by AGR Petroleum Services, he managed the UK and Russian Reservoir Management businesses until 2011. He is active in reserves evaluation for clients including international oil companies, small to medium enterprises.
Mark has written and delivers a series of training courses in reservoir engineering, risk analysis and petroleum economics. He is co-author of the popular "Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production¿ textbook, a SPE Distinguished Lecturer and guest lecturer in petroleum engineering at Aberdeen University, Heriot-Watt University and University College Dublin.
2. Trends in global energy supply and demand
3. Gaining access to E&P opportunity
5. Appraisal planning
6. Project cash flow
7. Economic indicators from the DCF
8. Risk analysis and decision making for development
9. Incremental projects and decommissioning
10. Portfolio management