Essentials of Neuromodulation describes the application of neuromodulation for aesthetic purposes. Detailed for readers are all essential aspects of neuromodulation treatment, including how to best safeguard patients. This volume provides an increased anatomical understanding of the injection anatomy within the face in an effort to focus on standard of care and set an industry standard in cosmetic injectables. Given the highly specialized training required for this skill, it details the history as well as the mechanism of action for each FDA-approved neuromodulating drug on the market. Unique anatomical renderings by medical artist Kevin Cease provide accurate and detailed anatomy to correlate beautifully with the content. With before, during, and after photos of more than 20 models and written detailed descriptions, diagrams, tables, and charts, all types of learners with every style of learning will benefit from this one-of-a-kind book. This book is a stepping stone for in-depth knowledge into this specialty field and begin to set the standard for entrance into the practice of aesthetics.
- Provides a broad background to the neuroaesthetics field, including definitions
- Highlights key brain regions involved in processing aesthetic experiences
- Uniquely discusses neuroaesthetics in the context of brain plasticity
- Features over 20 unique anatomical presentations to help master neuromodulation
- Describes techniques and explores data from brain-imaging technology
Tara Delle Chiaie began working in medicine in 2002, initially as a Registered Nurse, and then she pursued her Advanced Practice degree as a Nurse Practitioner, before ultimately pursuing a career in aesthetic medicine. Her experience both in medical practice followed by her experimental work in neuromodulation and its implementation has equipped her with the unique background to incorporate multiple perspectives to advance readers' knowledge on the interdisciplinary field of neuroaesthetics. In her clinical position at Delle Chiaie Academy, she is passionate about better understanding how the brain represents aesthetic behavior and the neurobiology underlying our preferences for aesthetics and teaching others.
1. Introduction 2. Statistics in aesthetics 3. Understanding aesthetic terminology 4. What is Botulinum Toxin 5. History of Neuromodulation 6. Safety of Neuromodulation 7. Common Myths 8. Anatomy 9. The Aesthetics of Aging 10. Injection preparation 11. Neuromodulation injection technique procedural steps 12. RO1 13. Marketing 14. Top Ten List for success