Examine how to keep iOS devices safe in the physical world, including creating company policies for iPhones; assessing and defending against cyber vulnerabilities and attacks; working with preinstalled as well as third party tools; and strategies for keeping your data safe including backing up and screen locks.
Managing and maintaining iPhones and iPads in a corporate or other business environment inherently requires strict attention to security concerns. Managers and IT professionals need to know how to create and communicate business policies for using iOS devices in the workplace, and implement security and forensics tools to manage and protect them.
The iPhone and iPad are both widely used across businesses from Fortune 500 companies down to garage start-ups. All of these devices must have secure and monitorable ways to connect to the internet, store and transmit data without leaks, and even be managed in the event of a physical theft. Pro iOS Security and Forensics
covers all these concerns as well as also offering tips for communicating with employees about the policies your business puts in place, why those policies are important, and how to follow them.
What You'll Learn
Who This Book Is For
- Review communicating policies and requirements for use of iPhones
- Keep your iPhone safe in the physical world
- Connect to the Internet securely
- Explore strategies for keeping your data safe including backing up and screen locks
Managers and IT professionals working in a business environment with iPhones and iPads.
Eric Butow is the owner and CEO of Butow Communications Group (BCG) in Jackson, California, which offers online marketing ROI improvement services for businesses. He has authored or co-authored 31 books, most recently Blogging to Drive Business, 2nd Edition, Samsung Gear S2 for Dummies, and Instagram for Business for Dummies. He has also developed and taught networking, computing, and usability courses for Ed2Go, Virtual Training Company, California State University, Sacramento, and Udemy.
Chapter 1: Preparing Security Features
Goal: The reader will know how to set up built-in access and shared security features for employee iPhones.
· Screen Lock Methods and Features
· Restrict Access to Apps
· Change App Privacy Settings
· Erase Data After Login Failure
· Encrypting Your Device
Chapter 2: Using Security Apps and Backup
Goal: The reader will know about how to download third-party security apps and back up an iPhone.
· Pre-Installed Security Apps
· Finding Security Apps in the App Store
· Adding Anti-Malware Apps
· Backing Up Your iPhone Regularly
· Using iTunes Securely
Chapter 3: Connect to Your Network Securely
Goal: The reader will understand the different types of network connections and how to secure them.
· Different Connection Types
· Create a Virtual Private Network
· Secure your Wi-Fi Connection
· Managing Your 4G/LTE Network
Chapter 4: Creating Policies
Goal: The reader will understand how to create effective policies and communicate them to others.
· Corporate vs. Personal iPhones
· Provisioning Policies for Device Management
· Policies for Loss and Theft
· Communicate Your Policies
Chapter 5: Communicating About Security
Goal: The reader will learn about iPhone safety and security practices to communicate to employees.
· Look for the Hooks of Email Phishers
· Staying Safe Browsing the Web
· Managing App Permissions
· Updating iOS and Apps Regularly
Chapter 6: Recovering from Loss or Attack
Goal: The reader will understand how to use apps to find, lock, and recover an iPhone.
· Using Find my iPhone
· Accessing Your iPhone Remotely
· Using Recovery Mode
· Accessing DFU Mode
· Checking Your iPhone Apps, Settings, and Data