Named a top 10 medical title in 2009 by the Wall Street Journal
The 2009-2010 edition of the CDC Health Information for International Travel (The Yellow Book) presents dependable advice on any travel health issue, including vaccinations, essential trip planning and safety tips, prevention of an expanded list of travel-related infectious diseases, altitude illness, motion sickness, sunburn, medical tourism, and much more. The expert narrative explains the most common health issues and practical day-to-day information for nine popular destinations and travel itineraries. This official publication of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is filled with valuable information not only for health-care providers and travelers, but also for anyone interested in travel health. It's your trusted travel medicine desktop reference...with a fresh look and feel!
- Presents the latest expertise and knowledge on diseases and infection control as endorsed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Features content ranging from basic guidelines to specific treatment options to be useful for both practitioners and general audiences.
- Includes updated references in each chapter so you can pursue the original medical sources for more detail.
- Access the latest recommendations for disease risks such as chikungunya fever, yellow fever, and malaria, as well as the most current vaccination guidelines.
- Covers treatment for patients with specific travel needs, such as immunocompromised travelers, travelers with chronic medical conditions, patients preparing for long-term travel or relocating abroad, flight crew members, humanitarian aid workers, young children, or travelers who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Presents new controversies and emerging diseases with supporting evidence to give you best practice guidelines from the most knowledgeable experts.
- Includes new editorial boxes on a wide range of topics to provide you with valuable insight.
- Features a new streamlined, user-friendly bulleted design with color tabs and maps, a chapter organized to mirror a pre-travel consultation, and new appendices-including a travel vaccine summary table-to make finding what you need and putting it in context quick and easy.