Health Care Paradigms in the Internet of Things Ecosystem brings all IoT-enabled health care related technologies into a single platform so that undergraduate and postgraduate students, researchers, academicians and industry leaders can easily understand IoT-based healthcare systems. The book uses data and network engineering and intelligent decision support system-by-design principles to design a reliable IoT-enabled health care ecosystem and to implement cyber-physical pervasive infrastructure solutions. It takes the reader on a journey that begins with understanding the healthcare monitoring paradigm in IoT-enabled technologies and how it can be applied in various aspects.
In addition, the book walks readers through real-time challenges and presents a guide on how to build a safe infrastructure for IoT-based health care. It also helps researchers and practitioners understand the e-health care architecture through IoT and the state-of-the-art in IoT countermeasures.
Readers will find this to be a comprehensive discussion on functional frameworks for IoT-based healthcare systems, intelligent medicine, RFID technology, HMI, Cognitive Interpretation, Brain-Computer Interface, Remote Health Monitoring systems, wearable sensors, WBAN, and security and privacy issues in IoT-based health care monitoring systems.
- Presents the complete functional framework workflow in IoT-enabled healthcare technologies
- Explains concepts of location-aware protocols and decisive mobility in IoT healthcare
- Provides complete coverage of intelligent data processing and wearable sensor technologies in IoT-enabled healthcare
- Explores the Human Machine Interface and its implications in patient-care systems in IoT healthcare
- Explores security and privacy issues and challenges related to data-intensive technologies in healthcare-based Internet of Things
1. The Fundamentals of Internet of Things: Architectures, Enabling Technologies and Applications 2. IoT for Healthcare Industries: A Tale of Revolution 3. Big Data based Hybrid Machine Learning Model for Improving Performance of Medical Internet of Things Data in Health Care Systems 4. The Role of Internet of Things for Adaptive Traffic Prioritization in Wireless Body Area Networks 5. Spatio Temporal Pattern and Hotspot Detection of Malaria using Spatial Analysis and GIS in West Bengal: An Approach to Medical GIS 6. Integration of Cloud and IoT for Smart e-Healthcare 7. IoT Based Location Aware Smart Healthcare Framework with User Mobility Support in Normal and Emergency Scenarios: A Comprehensive Survey 8. Remote Health Monitoring Protocols for IoT-enabled Healthcare Infrastructure 9. Wearable Sensor Network for Patient Health Monitoring: Challenges, Applications, Future Directions, and Acoustic sensor challenges 10. RFID Technology in IoT based healthcare 11. Principles and Paradigms in IoT-based Healthcare using RFID 12. Low cost system in the analysis of the recovery of mobility through inertial navigation techniques and virtual reality 13. Control and remote monitoring of muscle activity and stimulation in the rehabilitation process for muscle recovery 14. Healthcare Technology Tradeoffs for IoT Ecosystems from a Developing Country Perspective: Case of Egypt 15. Study of Asian Diabetic Subjects Based on Gender, Age and Insulin Parameters: Healthcare Application with IoT and Bigdata 16. Design and Development of IoT-based Decision Support System for Dengue Analysis and Prediction: Case Study on Sri Lankan Context