This book brings together contributions from experts in water management, scientists, researchers, academics and lecturers, sharing experiences and successes in this field. It is devoted to a wide range of water resources management issues, including water quality to water quantity, considering all impacts of water issues in the environment. The book presents international approaches to the latest developments in both the fundamental bases and the applicability of state-of-the-art knowledge that can be effectively used for solving a variety of large problems in integrated water resources management. The main focus of the book is on water pollution - physical, chemical, biological, and geographical pollution, hydrology problems, and limnology tasks.
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
Martina Zelenáková is currently an Associate Professor at the Institute of Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Civil Engineering, the Technical University of KoSice. In the context of her scientific research activities she has focused on environmental impact assessment, water management, and the assessment of environmental risks in river basins in relation to flood events, drought and sources of pollution. The results of her work have been published in books, national and international journals, and national and international conferences proceedings. Dr Zelenáková has engaged in national and international projects, also as the principal investigator.
1. Constructed Wetlands and Groundwater Infiltration Treating Industrial Wastewater: Treatment Efficiency and Pollution Tracing - Ketil Haarstad, Adam M. Paruch and Hakon Borch, et al.
2. Hidden Contributors to Faecal Water Contamination in Urban Environments - Adam M. Paruch, Lisa Paruch, Ketil Haarstad, Tron Maehlum and Hakon Borch
3. Treatment of Leachates from Closed Landfills in Norway: Long-Term Experiences Using Constructed Ponds and Wetlands - Trod Maehlum, Ketil Haarstad and Adam M. Paruch
4. Management of the Environment in Light of the Construction of the Reservoir and the Polder: Swinna Poreba and Raciborz Dolny Tanks, Poland - Slavka Galas and Andrzej Galas
5. Possibilities for Disabled People to Use Water Areas - Jitka Fialova and Milos Slezingr
6. The Impact of the Rainwater Harvesting Systems Location on Their Financial Efficiency: A Case Study of Poland - Daniel Slys and Agnieszka Stec
7. Occurrence and Removal of Emerging Pollutants from Urban Wastewater - Petr Hlavinek
8. Water on Drugs: What Are the Impacts of Pharmaceutical Pollution? - Piotr Rzymski and Piotr Klimaszyk
9. The Role of the Water in the Landscape from Limnology: An Engineering Point of View - Martin Rulik
10. Geographical Characteristics of the Danube Delta and Its Ecological Recovery - Petre Bretcan and Petre Gastescu
11. Blackwater Floods: Case Studies with Punctual and Extremely Rare Manifestation on the Romanian Territory. A Review - Gheorghe Romanescu
12. Catastrophic Winter Phenomena under Conditions of Extreme Hydrological Events: Severity Growth in Somes-Tisza River Basin - Gheorghe Serban
13. Application of the Disaggregation Model for Purposes of Drought Assessment - Maria Manuela Portela
14. Hydrological Hazards in Occurrence in Romania - Liliana Zaharia
15. Relation between Air Temperature and Inland Surface Water Temperature During Climate Change in the Polish Lowland - Wlodzimierz Marszelewski and Bozena Pius
16. Possibilities of Surface and Groundwater Quality Improvement from the Point of View of Nutrient Loading - Zuzana Boukalova
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)