The book addresses the need to investigate new approaches to lower energy requirement in multiple application areas and serves as a guide into emerging circuit technologies. It explores revolutionary device concepts, sensors, and associated circuits and architectures that will greatly extend the practical engineering limits of energy-efficient computation. The book responds to the need to develop disruptive new system architectures and semiconductor processes aimed at achieving the highest level of computational energy efficiency for general purpose computing systems.
- Discusses unique technologies and material only available in specialized journal and conferences.
- Covers emerging materials and device structures, such as ultra-low power technologies, nanoelectronics, and microsystem manufacturing.
- Explores semiconductor processing and manufacturing, device design, and performance.
- Contains practical applications in the engineering field, as well as graduate studies.
- Written by international experts from both academia and industry.
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
Sumeet Walia is a Vice Chancellor's Fellow at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) in Australia. Dr. Walia earned his PhD in the multidisciplinary field of functional materials and devices. His research focuses on low-dimensional nanoelectronics including micro/nano scale energy sources, electronic memories, sensors and transistors. He holds 3 patents and has been recognized as one of the top 10 innovators under-35 in Asia by the MIT Technology Review. He has published several high-impact research articles and is a reviewer for a number of international peer-reviewed journals and government grant bodies. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Krzysztof (Kris) Iniewski (firstname.lastname@example.org) is managing R&D development activities at Redlen Technologies Inc., a detector company based in British Columbia, Canada. During his 12 years at Redlen, he managed development of highly integrated CZT detector products in medical imaging and security applications. Prior to Redlen, Kris held various management and academic positions at PMC-Sierra, University of Alberta, SFU, UBC and University of Toronto. He has published over 150 research papers in international journals and conferences.
Dr. Iniewski holds 18 international patents granted in USA, Canada, France, Germany, and Japan. He wrote and edited several books for Wiley, Cambridge University Press, Mc-Graw Hill, CRC Press and Springer. He is a frequently invited speaker and has consulted for multiple organizations internationally. He received his Ph.D. degree in electronics (honors) from the Warsaw University of Technology (Warsaw, Poland) in 1988.
1. ASAP7: A finFET-Based Framework for Academic VLSI Design at the 7 nm Node
Vinay Vashishtha and Lawrence T. Clark
2. When the Physical Disorder of CMOS Meets Machine Learning
Xiaolin Xu, Shuo Li, Raghavan Kumar, and Wayne Burleson
3. Design of Alkali-Metal-Based Half-Heusler Alloys Having Maximum Magnetic Moments from First Principles
Lin H. Yang, R.L. Zhang, Y.J. Zeng, and C.Y. Fong
4. Defect-Induced Magnetism in Fullerenes and MoS2
Sinu Mathew, Taw Kuei Chan, Bhupendra Nath Dev, John T.L. Thong,
Mark B.H. Breese, and T. Venkatesan
5. Hot Electron Transistors with Graphene Base for THz Electronics
Filippo Giannazzo, Giuseppe Greco, Fabrizio Roccaforte, Roy Dagher,
Adrien Michon, and Yvon Cordier
6. Tailoring Two-Dimensional Semiconductor Oxides by Atomic Layer Deposition
Mohammad Karbalaei Akbari and Serge Zhuiykov
7. Tunneling Field-Effect Transistors Based on Two-Dimensional Materials
8. Surface Functionalization of Silicon Carbide Quantum Dots
Marzaini Rashid, Ben R. Horrocks, Noel Healy, Jonathan P. Goss, Hua-Khee Chan, and
9. Molecular Beam Epitaxy of AlGaN/GaN High Electron Mobility Transistor
Heterostructures for High Power and High-Frequency Applications
Yvon Cordier, Rémi Comyn, and Eric Frayssinet
10. Silicon Carbide Oscillators for Extreme Environments
Daniel R. Brennan, Hua-Khee Chan, Nicholas G. Wright, and Alton B. Horsfall
11. The Use of Error Correction Codes within Molecular Communications Systems
Yi Lu, Matthew D. Higgins, and Mark S. Leeson
12. Miniaturized Battery-Free Wireless Bio-Integrated Systems
13. A Low-Power Vision- and IMU-Based System for the Intraoperative
Prosthesis Pose Estimation of Total Hip Replacement Surgeries
Shaojie Su, Hong Chen, Hanjun Jiang, and Zhihua Wang
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)