Dive into Windows Server 2019—and really put your Windows Server expertise to work. Focusing on Windows Server 2019's most powerful and innovative features, this exceptionally well-organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, tips, and workarounds—all you need to plan, implement, or manage Windows Server in enterprise, data center, cloud, and hybrid environments.
Fully reflecting Windows Server's 2019 new capabilities for the cloud-first era, Microsoft technology expert Orin Thomas thoroughly covers improvements ranging from security to hybrid cloud environments, faster app innovation to Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI). New or expanded coverage in this edition include the Cloud Shell, Azure software updates, Azure Security Center, VM extensions, VM backup/recovery, Azure Site Recovery updates, Azure nested virtualization, the Windows Subsystem for Linux, the Storage Migration Service, Linux Containers, Kubernetes, Azure Container Options and Repositories, WSSD storage, and more. Coverage includes:
- Optimizing the full Windows Server 2019 lifecycle, from planning and configuration through rollout and administration
- Ensuring fast, reliable upgrades and migrations
- Seamlessly delivering core DNS, DHCP, file, print, storage, and Internet services
- Centrally managing all enterprise DNS and DHCP infrastructure
- Achieving dramatic improvements in storage utilization
- Building flexible cloud and hybrid environments with advanced container and VM features
- Seamlessly integrating Azure IaaS services with Windows Server 2019
- Slashing resource usage and improving availability with Nano Server installations
- Improving configuration management with Desired State Configuration and Chef
- Delivering Active Directory identity, certificate, federation, and rights management services Protecting servers, clients, assets, and users with advanced Windows Server 2019 security features
Orin Thomas is a principal cloud operations advocate at Microsoft and has written more than three dozen books for Microsoft Press on topics including Windows Server, Windows Client, Azure, Office 365, System Center, Exchange Server, Security, and SQL Server. He has authored Azure Architecture courses at Pluralsight, has authored multiple Microsoft Official Curriculum and EdX courses on a variety of IT Pro topics, and is completing his Doctorate in Information Technology on cloud computing security and compliance at Charles Sturt University. You can follow him on twitter at http: //twitter.com/orinthomas.