This volume explores the latest advances in high-throughput phenotyping to screen milling quality, cooking and nutritional quality in breeding material, and simplifying grain quality screening in germplasm. The chapters in this book cover topics such as seed development stages; panicle architectural traits to understand yield components; starch structure and protein properties; and genome editing technologies to reveal grain quality and nutritional traits. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Rice Grain Quality: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for all researchers interested in expanding their knowledge in this evolving field.
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
Preface...Table of Contents...Contributors...
1. Improving Head Rice Yield and Milling Quality: State of the Art and Future Prospects Vito M. Butardo, Jr. and Nese Sreenivasulu
2. Improving Rice Grain Quality: State of the Art and Future ProspectsVito M. Butardo, Jr., Nese Sreenivasulu, and Bienvenido O. Juliano
3. Morphology of Rice Seed Development and Its Influence on Grain QualityPaul A. Counce and Karen A.K. Moldenhauer
4. Novel Imaging Techniques to Analyze Panicle ArchitectureErstelle Pasion, Roinand Aguila, Nese Sreenivasulu, and Roslen Anacleto
5. Measuring Head Rice Recovery in RiceJennine Rose Lapis, Rosa Paula Cuevas, Nese Sreenivasulu, and Lilia Molina
6. Measurement of Rice Grain Dimensions and Chalkiness, and Rice Grain ElongationUsing Image AnalysisMarnol Santos, Rosa Paula Cuevas, Nese Sreenivasulu, and Lilia Molina
7. Method Development of Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Approaches for Non-Destructiveand Rapid Estimation of Total Protein in Brown Rice FlourRosario Jimenez, Lilia Molina, Iman Zarei, Jennine Rose Lapis, Ruben Chavez, Rosa Paula O. Cuevas, and Nese Sreenivasulu
8. Multi-Dimensional Cooking Quality Classification Using Routine Quality Evaluation MethodsLilia Molina, Rosario Jimenez, Nese Sreenivasulu, and Rosa Paula Cuevas
9. Characterization of Mechanical Texture Attributes of Cooked Milled Rice by Texture Profile Analyses and Unraveling Viscoelasticity Properties through RheometryRosa Paula Cuevas, Pawan S. Takhar, and Nese Sreenivasulu
10. Characterizing Starch Molecular Structure of RiceCheng Li, Hongyan Li, and Robert G. Gilbert
11. Rice Grain Quality Benchmarking through Profiling of Volatiles and Metabolitesin Grains Using Gas Chromatography Mass SpectrometryCindy Llorente, Rosarion Jimenez, Jackie, Yariv Brotman, Alisdair R. Fernie, and Nese Sreenivasulu
12. Re-Sequencing Resources to Improve Starch and Grain Quality in RiceGopala Krishnan S, Ardashir K. Masouleh, Agnelo Furtado, Daniel L. E. Waters, and Robert J. Henry
13. Quantifying Grain Digestibility of Starch Fractions in Milled RiceCrisline Mae Alhambra, Sushil Dhital, Nese Sreenivasulu, and Vito M. Butardo, Jr.
14. Determination of Macronutrient and Micronutrient Content in Rice Grains Using Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES)Lilia Molina, Jennine Rose Lapis, Nese Sreenivasulu, and Rosa Paula Cuevas
15. Determination of Cadmium Concentration in Milled and Brown Rice Grains Using Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption SpectrometryLilia Molina, Jennine Rose Lapis, Nese Sreenivasulu, and Rosa Paula Cuevas
16. Analysis of Developing Rice Grain Transcriptome Using the Agilent Microarray PlatformMandy Püffeld, Christiane Seiler, Markus Kuhlmann, Nese Sreenivasulu, and Vito M. Butardo, Jr.
17. Quantification of DNA Methylation as Biomarker for Grain QualityChristiane Seiler and Markus Kuhlmann
18. CRISPR-Cas9 Mediated Genome Editing of Rice towards Better Grain QualityAnindya Bandyopadhyay, Xiaojia Yin, Akshaya Biswal, Robert Coe, and William Paul Quick
Newbooks Subjects & Qualifier
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)