This book examines the experiences of the first graduates from The Doctor of Social Sciences (DSocSci) program at Royal Roads University, Canada's first applied research doctorate designed exclusively for working professionals. The program was developed in response to a growing demand nationally and internationally for scholar-practitioners who are leaders in their professional fields and who want to incorporate dedicated research and writing into their professional lives. Contributors describe their unique experiences in framing and conducting research that was outside the boundaries of discipline-based research and that was driven by issues on the ground.
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
Siomonn Pulla is Program Head of the Doctor of Social Sciences Program and Associate Professor in the College of Interdisciplinary Studies, Royal Roads University, Canada.
Bernard Schissel is Professor in the College of Interdisciplinary Studies, Royal Roads University, Canada.
1. ¿Introduction: Doctoral Education in Transition
2. Voices of Young Environmentalists: A Generational Perspective on Environmentalism
3. Vehicular Negligence: A Socio-Legal Study of Crime, Law and Public Safety
4. Schools and Community Organizations: The Challenges of Integrating Education and Wraparound Services for Children
5. Inspiring change in heritage interpretation
6. A case study of an Upriver Halq'eméylem language program in British Columbia
7. "Our Stories; Our Way": Interdisciplinary Applied Research Exploring the Safe and Meaningful Engagement of Young People in Post-Conflict Truth Telling in Northern Uganda
8. Intercultural Leadership: Variations in Chinese Canadian Perspectives of Career Mobility into Senior Leadership Roles
<_9. _="_" aid="aid" development="development" html="html" international="international" intersects="intersects" philanthropy="philanthropy" where="where">
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)