Leverage modern C++ programming constructs to write software that can perform and scale well to handle concurrency, parallelism, and asynchrony.
About This Book
* Write software to exploit concurrency and parallelism in a declarative manner
* Use the Functional Reactive Programming model to structure the program and add behavior without side effects
* Judiciously mix FP and OOP constructs supported by the C++ 17 standard to write well-structured programs
Who This Book Is For
C++ developers who are interested in using reactive programming to build asynchronous and concurrent applications will find this book extremely useful.
What You Will Learn
* Understand the language level concurrency in C++
* Explore the advanced C++ programing for the FRP
* Write robust and concurrent code
* Take a deeper look at the RxCpp library and its Programming model
* Understand the reactive GUI programming using Qt
* Uncover reactive microservices in C++
* Create custom operators for RxCpp
* Learn advanced stream processing and error handling
Reactive programming is an effective way to build highly responsive applications with an easy-to-maintain code base. This book covers the essential functional reactive concepts that will help you build highly-concurrent, event-driven, and asynchronous applications in a simpler and less error-prone way.
This book will begin with a discussion on how event processing has been undertaken by different programming systems. After a breeze introduction to modern C++ (C++ 17), we will move to the language level concurrency and lock-free programming model to set the stage to foray into the Functional Programming model. After you've got all the pre-requisites to foray into the Functional Reactive Programming model, we will introduce RxCpp and its programming model. You will gain deep insight into the RxCpp library that facilitates reactive programming. This will be followed by dealing with Reactive Programming using Qt/C++ (for the desktop) and C++ microservices for the web.
By the end of the book, you will be well-versed with advanced reactive programming concepts in modern C++ (C++17).
Höhe: 235 mm
Breite: 191 mm
Copyright in bibliographic data and cover images is held by Nielsen Book Services Limited or by the publishers or by their respective licensors: all rights reserved.