Psychopathy remains one of the least understood personality disorders and one of the most intransigent to therapeutic amelioration. Better understanding of this disorder is not helped by its DSM definition, which specifies diagnostic criteria in terms of concrete antisocial behaviors rather than psychological dynamics. In a concerted effort to remedy this situation, this volume brings together a distinguished array of contributors to provide a comprehensive review of research on psychopathy--its nature, causes, and effects on the individual and society, as well as current management approaches.
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
Theodore Millon, PhD, DSc, Institute for Advanced Studies in Personology and Psychopathology, Coral Gables, Florida.
Erik Simonsen, MD, Institute of Personality Theory and Psychopathology, Roskilde, Denmark.
Morten Birket-Smith, MD, Department of Psychiatry, Bispebjerg University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Roger D. Davis, PhD, Institute for Advanced Studies in Personology and Psychopathology, Coral Gables, Florida.
I. History and Viewpoints
1. Historical Conceptions of Psychopathy in the United States and Europe, Millon, Simonsen, and Birket-Smith
2. Psychopathy: An Elusive Concept with Moral Overtones, Gunn
3. Personality and Crime, Eysenck
4. Psychopathy and the Contribution of Personality to Violence, Blackburn
5. Evil Intent: Violence and Disorders of the Will, Richards
6. The Internal World of the Psychopath, Meloy and Gacano
7. Antisocial Character and Behavior: Threats and Solutions, Reid
8. The Case for Parental Licensure, Lykken
9. Psychopathy or Antisocial Personality in Forensic Settings, Toch
10. Ten Subtypes of Psychopathy, Millon and Davis
11. Psychopathy and the Five-Factor Model of Personality, Widiger and Lynam
12. Psychopaths and Their Nature: Implications for the Mental Health and Criminal Justice Systems, Hare
13. Genetics and Antisocial Personality Disorder, McGuffin and Thapar
14. Neurobiology in Psychopathy, Siever
15. Psychopathic Children: Indicators of Organic Dysfunction, Rygaard
16. Cross-Cultural Aspects of Psychopathy, Cooke
17. A Biopsychosocial Model of Psychopathy, Paris
18. Psychopathy and Psychiatric Comorbidity, Dahl
19. Psychopathy in the Pedophile, Dorr
20. Comorbidity of Alcoholism and Psychopathy, Knop, Jensen, and Mortensen
21. Antisocial Personality Disorder and Narcotic Addiction, Vaglum
22. Sadistic Personality in Murderers, Stone
23. Psychopharmacological Treatment and Impulsivity, von Knorring and Ekselius
24. The Psychotherapeutic Management of Psychopathic, Narcissistic, and Paranoid Transferences, Kernberg
25. A Group-Analytic Approach to Psychopaths: ""The Ring of Truth,"" Cox
26. Therapeutic Community Treatment for Severe Personality Disorders, Dolan
27. The Management of Dangerous Psychopaths in Prison, Coid
28. Treating the ""Untreatable"" in Denmark: Past and Present, Hansen
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)