This book is a thought-provoking study that expands on film scholarship on noir and feminist scholarship on postfeminism, subjectivity, and representation to provide an inclusive, sophisticated, and up-to-date analysis of the femme fatale, fille fatale, and homme fatal from the classic era through to recent postmillennial neo-noir.
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
Samantha Lindop is an academic at the Schools of Communication and Arts at The University of Queensland, Australia.
List of Figures
Introduction: Beyond the Limits of Noir Scholarship
1. What Makes Those Dames so Deadly?
2. The New Fatale: 1980-1999
3. Mad, Bad, and Queer
4. Con-Artists, Valkyries, and Revenge Seekers
5. What are (Fatal) Little Girls Made of?
6. Playtime is Over
7. Duplicity, Desire, and the Deadly Man
8. Turning the Spotlight on the Homme Fatal
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)