This title is a Pearson Global Edition. The Editorial team at Pearson has worked closely with educators around the world to include content which is especially relevant to students outside the United States.
For all introductory genetics courses.
Focus on essential genetic topics and explore the latest breakthroughs
Known for its focus on conceptual understanding, problem solving, and practical applications, the bestselling Essentials of Genetics strengthens problem-solving skills and explores the essential genetics topics that today's students need to understand. The 10th Edition has been extensively updated to provide comprehensive coverage of important, emerging topics such as CRISPR-Cas, epigenetics, and genetic testing. Additionally, a new Special Topics chapter covers Advances in Neurogenetics with a focus on Huntington Disease, and new essays on Genetics, Ethics, and Society emphasize ethical considerations that genetics is bringing into everyday life.
Pearson Mastering Genetics is not included. Students, if Pearson Mastering Genetics is a recommended/mandatory component of the course, please ask your instructor for the correct ISBN. Pearson Mastering Genetics should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Pearson Mastering Genetics
Mastering (TM) is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, Mastering personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Für höhere Schule und Studium
Für Beruf und Forschung
Höhe: 276 mm
Breite: 216 mm
Copyright in bibliographic data is held by Nielsen Book Services Limited or its licensors: all rights reserved.
1. Introduction to Genetics
2. Mitosis and Meiosis
3. Mendelian Genetics
4. Modification of Mendelian Ratios
5. Sex Determination and Sex Chromosomes
6. Chromosome Mutations: Variation in Number and Arrangement
7. Linkage and Chromosome Mapping in Eukaryotes
8. Genetic Analysis and Mapping in Bacteria and Bacteriophages
9. DNA Structure and Analysis
10. DNA Replication
11. Chromosome Structure and DNA Sequence Organization
12. The Genetic Code and Transcription
13. Translation and Proteins
14. Gene Mutation, DNA Repair, and Transposition
15. Regulation of Gene Expression in Bacteria
16. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
17. Recombinant DNA Technology
18. Genomics, Bioinformatics, and Proteomics
19. The Genetics of Cancer
20. Quantitative Genetics and Multifactorial Traits
21. Population and Evolutionary Genetics
Special Topics in Modern Genetics
2. Genetic Testing
3. Gene Therapy
4. Advances in Neurogenetics: The Study of Huntington Disease
5. DNA Forensics
6. Genetically Modified Foods
7. Genomics and Precision Medicine