How to Utilize New Information Technology in the Global Marketplace is an excellent training tool for business executives who wish to increase their skills in the field of international business. Readers will learn how to use international databases to search new markets or find information on potential markets and competitors. Executives and future executives will learn new ways of identifying new international markets through computers. Using this book to train executives is more cost-efficient than hiring consultants or international research companies. Once trained, executives are able to take their knowledge and tap into several databases and obtain up-to-date information about new international markets, including sales leads in foreign companies.Examples are included with step-by-step instructions to teach the use of various computer software packages and databases, without the complexities of the use of a computer. Some of the new technologies covered include: - accessing personal computer-based databases such as National Trade Data Bank, World Trade Exporter, World Trade, and Disclosure/Worldscope
- the use of electronic data retrieval services
- expert systems in international business
- simulation software in international businessHow to Utilize New Information Technology in the Global Marketplace provides current and future executives--whether interested in international databases, expert systems software, or international business simulation software--with the technological skills they need to gain a competitive advantage in the global market.
ContentsPreface - Recent Developments in International Business and Practice
- Utilizing Expert Systems in International Marketing
- Using Expert Systems in International Business: The Case of an Intelligent Knowledge Base--The Country Consultant?
- International Business Simulation I: Using Export to Win!
- International Business Simulation II: The Global Market Place
- Utilizing Databases in International Business 1: National Trade Data Bank, World Trade Exporter, World Trader, and Core II
- Utilizing Databases in International Business II: Compact Disclosure and Disclosure/Worldscope
- Utilizing Databases in International Business III: Lotus One Source CD/Corporate International Public Companies
- Electronic On-Line Data Retrieval in International Business
- International Accounting in the Information Age
- International Financial Databases and the Practice of Accounting
- Reference Notes Included
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)