This fully revised edition explores the management of neurological disorders with a focus on neuroprotection, disease modification, and neuroregeneration rather than symptomatic treatment. Since the publication of the first edition, advances in biotechnology, particularly in cell and gene therapies, are reflected in this volume, as are numerous new and repurposed drugs in clinical trials. Overall, The Handbook of Neuroprotection serves as a comprehensive review of neuroprotection based on knowledge of the molecular basis of disorders of the central nervous system.
In-depth and authoritative, The Handbook of Neuroprotection, Second Edition features a compendium of vital knowledge aimed at providing researchers with an essential reference for this key neurological area of study.
2. Neuroprotective Agents
3. Neuroprotection in Cerebrovascular Disease
4. Neuroprotection in Traumatic Brain Injury
5. Neuroprotection in Spinal Cord Injury
6. Neuroprotection in Neurodegenerative Disorders
7. Neuroprotection in Parkinson Disease
8. Neuroprotection in Alzheimer Disease
9. Neuroprotection in Huntington Disease
10. Neuroprotection in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
11. Neuroprotection in Miscellaneous Neurological Disorders
12. Neuroprotection of the Optic nerve and the Retina
13. Neuroprotection during Anesthesia and Surgery