Current Research on Bisexuality is an important resource on recent psychological and sociological findings in bisexual studies. The authors provide research findings and case studies that add to our understanding of bisexual identity, bisexuality and relationships, bisexuality and ethnicity, and attitudes toward bisexual people. This book examines research findings, literature reviews, and a wealth of resources that currently exist on bisexuality and bisexual issues.
This book will bring you up to date on: - bisexual identity development - bisexuality in college students - cross-orientation friendships of bisexual women - bisexual married women and men?and their spouses - bisexuality and heterosexually married couples - monogamous as well as open bisexual relationships - the interrelationship of bisexuality, race, and ethnicity - attitudes toward bisexual women and bisexual men Current Research on Bisexuality also contains a comprehensive reader's guide to the current social science literature about bisexuality. This bibliography brings together a wide range of nonfiction books, journal articles, book chapters, theses, and dissertations on bisexuality with a focus in the theoretical, research clinical, and community perspectives that have that have developed in the last twenty years. This reading list is essential for students, educators, researchers, and practitioners in psychology, counseling, social work, psychiatry, education, sociology, and anthropology.
Current Research on Bisexuality provides new knowledge of the life experiences of bisexual people. With this book, you'll find a basis for further research and education about bisexuality in the greater context of ongoing research, education, and advocacy regarding lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender issues.
||Taylor & Francis Inc
Für höhere Schule und Studium
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
- About the Contributors
- Introduction (Ronald C. Fox)
- The Bisexual Experience: Living in a Dichotomous Culture (Mary Bradford)
- Bisexuality Among Self-Identified Heterosexual College Students (Robin Hoburg, Julie Konik, Michelle Williams, and Mary Crawford)
- Friendships Across Sexual Orientation: Experiences of Bisexual Women in Early Adulthood (M. Paz Galupo, Carin A. Sailer, and Sarah Causey St. John)
- How Many Bisexuals Does It Take? (Dan Clurman)
- Works in Progress: How Mixed-Orientation Couples Maintain Their Marriages After the Wives Come Out (Amity Pierce Buxton)
- Negotiating (Non)Monogamy: Bisexuality and Intimate Relationships (Kirsten McLean)
- The Intersection of Race and Bisexuality: A Critical Overview of the Literature and Past, Present, and Future Directions of the ?Borderlands? (J. Fuji Collins)
- Attitudes Toward Bisexual Women and Men: Current Research, Future Directions (Tania Israel and Jonathan J. Mohr)
- Best Case Sexual Scenario (Dan Clurman)
- Mental Health Services Experiences of Bisexual Women and Bisexual Men: An Empirical Study (Emily H. Page)
- Bisexuality: A Reader's Guide to the Social Science Literature (Ronald C. Fox)
- Reference Notes Included
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)